Check out photos from recent Lumen events!
MEMBERS – click here to view the takeaways from the 2017 Lumen National Retreat, or click here to view Steve Auth’s presentation on equity market outlook and the heart of a visionary.
Get more details on Lumen membership.
Benefits of Membership
|Lumen Value Proposition Illustrative Chaplain ‘Touch Points’|
|Total by Member|
|Luncheons / Dinners||4|
|2 Children||Spiritual Coaching||4|
What is Lumen?
Lumen is a Christian association of like-minded business and cultural leaders who develop character, faith and leadership through the exercise of 12 core values.
What are Lumen’s Core Values?
- Prudence – Sound judgment in determining actions
- Perseverance – A strong commitment to overcoming all obstacles
- Fairness – Giving God and others their due in word and deed
- Self-mastery – Controlling one’s passions amid personal drive and success
- Spiritual Drive – A firm desire to live one’s faith in thought and action
- Prayer – Regular communication with God, humbly seeking His will and friendship
- Stewardship – Maximizing personal and professional resources entrusted by God
- Confidence in God – A willingness to place trust in the hand of Providence
- Excellence – The pursuit of distinction in business, family and community life
- Integrity – Consistency in what one professes to be and how one lives
- Magnanimity – Commitment to serve others by putting their needs first
- Influence – Moving others to think and act uprightly through conscientious effort
Why were these core values selected?
These core values were selected as they give a clear roadmap to right Christian living and the qualities inherent to high impact leadership. The goal of the Lumen member is to imitate Jesus Christ – the leader par excellence – who lived these values and taught others how they establish true love of God and neighbor. Every Lumen aspect keys of these core values.
What does the word ‘Lumen’ mean?
Lumen is a Latin noun meaning light. It is also used to connote clarity and understanding.
Why did Lumen begin?
Lumen began as a response to a real need for ongoing formation of today’s top business and cultural leaders in right thinking and behavior. This need was evidenced by the recent U.S. corporate scandals that saw greed, lack of integrity and accounting fraud on the part of executives take down once formidable companies (Enron, Tyco, Global Crossing, WorldCom, etc).
What kind of person does Lumen seek for membership?
Lumen is looking to grow its membership by associating leaders of professional responsibility who are introspective, desire virtuous light for their path and the means to pursue excellence in every aspect of their lives: personally, professionally, and spiritually.
What means does Lumen offer leaders in their pursuit of character, faith and leadership?
Lumen offers its members five primary means to become the kind of leader others will want to follow:
- Spiritual Coaching – Each member has the ability and privilege to meet regularly one-on-one with a Chaplain to develop spiritual progress in the life of leadership according to personal circumstances.
- Leadership Circles – Each member can participate in open yet confidential forums to come along side and learn from one’s peers of like-mind and similar responsibilities.
- Speaker Series – Regular opportunities to hear top flight speakers in the areas of business and culture in order to assimilate from today’s most recognized influencers the qualities inherent to leadership
- Issues in Play – Highly customized series on the most important spiritual, business and cultural topics of the day
- Special Events – Yearly Bible Boot Camps, Member Retreat and National Retreat (includes spouses), Pilgrimages
What is the cost of Lumen membership? What products and services does it include?The 2016 annual membership dues are $5000. One can expect to receive the following for dues paid: MIN
- Chaplain Spiritual Coaching Sessions – 10
- Leadership Circle Meetings – 10
- National Retreat – 1
- Lumen Leadership Speaker Series – 1
- Chapter-wide Retreat – 1
- Issues In Play Dinners – 1
- Chapter-wide Social Events – 2
- Bible Boot Camp Retreat – 1